Meade Instruments 216003 Polaris 90 EQ Refractor Telescope (Blue)
Mega Sale! Save 25% on the Meade Instruments 216003 Polaris 90 EQ Refractor Telescope (Blue) by Meade at Blue Sky Photography. MPN: 216003. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Developed for beginner and amateur astronomers, the Meade Polaris Series delivers an experience that will have you looking to the skies for many
The Polaris 90 refracting telescope is great for beginners and amateurs who want to discover more. With a 90mm (3.5") aperture size, the Polaris 90 will deliver bright, clear images for the aspiring astronomer to enjoy. Whether you're viewing details on the Moon, the rings of Saturn, the moons of Jupiter, polar caps on Mars, or terrestrial objects, the Polaris 90 Refractor allows the first-time observer to explore the world, solar system, and beyond.
Right-side up image means you can use it for daytime observing (birds, hunting, ocean, etc)
Once polar aligned, the equatorial mount allows you to locate and track celestial objects because it rotates with the Earth, instead of the up-down left-right directions of an altazimuth
Refractor means you don’t have mirrors to align (collimate); it’s ready to go out of the box
Not as much detail seen from deep-sky objects when compared to our reflecting telescopes
Q: How is this telescope different than other Polaris models (127, 80, 70, etc)?
A: The differences between each model are aperture size and telescope type. The bigger the aperture, the more light-gathering power the telescope will have, resulting in brighter, detailed images. The Polaris 114, 127, and 130 are reflecting telescopes, meaning they use mirrors to produce an image. The Polaris 70, 80, and 90 are refracting telescopes, which use lenses to produce an image. The Polaris 90 has a 90mm aperture, smaller than the Polaris 130, 127, and 114 reflectors, but it is the largest refracting telescope of the series.
Features & Highlights
- Aperture: 90mm(3.5"). Focal Length: 900mm. Focal Ratio: f/6.7. Rack-and-Pinion Focuser, Setting Circles, Latitude Control w/ Scale
- Large, stable German Equatorial mount with slow motion controls makes tracking celestial objects smooth and simple
- Low (26mm), medium (9mm), and high (6.3mm) magnification eyepieces give you variety for any viewing situation & 2x barlow lens doubles the magnifying power of each eyepiece
- Red dot viewfinder helps you point your scope at objects you want to observe & accessory tray stores accessories while observing
- Includes Astronomical Software and Instructional DVD
|Item Weight:||20 pounds|
|Item Size:||34 x 56 x 56 inches|
|Package Weight:||29.45 pounds|
|Package Size:||17.6 x 9 x 9 inches|